Marriage License Locations in SoCal

Unity Ceremonies
January 21, 2016

Marriage License Locations in SoCal

County Administration Center
1600 Pacific Highway, Ste 273
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 237-0502
Appointments M-F 8:00 – 4:00

San Marcos
141 E. Carmel St.
San Marcos, CA 92078
(619) 237-0502
Appointments M-F 8:00 – 5:00

Chula Vista
590 3rd Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 237-0502
Appointments M-F 8:00 – 5:00

El Cajon
200 S. Magnolia Ave.
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 237-0502
Appointments M-F 8:00 – 5:00

Los Angeles County
P.O Box 53120
Los Angeles, CA 90053
(800) 201-8999

Orange County
P.O Box 238
Santa Ana, CA 92702-0238
(714) 834-2500

Riverside County
P.O Box 751
Riverside, CA 92502-0751
(951) 486-7000

San Bernardino County
222 W. Hospitality Ln. 1st Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0022
(855) 732-2575

For our couples coming from Arizona, you might want to pick up your license in Imperial County on your way to your San Diego wedding. Below is the address to the Imperial County location. They are not busy and can take you without an appointment!

Imperial County
940 Main Street  Suite 202
El Centro, CA 92243
(760) 482-4427
Mon – Fri from 8 am – 5 pm


Fee: $70 (Prices can vary)  Application

Marriage License Requirements
(San Diego County Only)

Each person must present one form of valid photo identification with proof of age. To expedite the identification process, it is recommended that both parties bring a certified copy of their birth certificate. All documents must be in English or translated by a certified translator.

Couples applying for a marriage license must be unmarried:

  • If you were previously married and the dissolution is not yet final, even if it will be final before the wedding date, you will not be issued a marriage license.
  • If you are in a State Registered Domestic Partnership (SRDP) you may not enter into a marriage or be issued a license with someone other than your registered domestic partner, unless the most recent domestic partnership has been terminated or a final judgment of dissolution or nullity has been entered.
  • If the dissolution was final within the past 90 days, please provide a copy of your final judgment.

The Name Equality Act of 2007 gives specific rights to parties at the time they are applying for a California marriage license to choose and list on the marriage license the new name that each party will go by after marriage. Please refer to the Name Equality Act.

A blood test is not required.
There is no residency requirement in California.

Your non-confidential marriage license is effective immediately and valid for (90) days anywhere within the state of California. Once you have your marriage license the ceremony can be performed at the church of your choice, a wedding chapel, or a civil ceremony may be performed.

Official certified copies of your marriage license (which becomes your Marriage Certificate) may be purchased from the County Clerk of record approximately (14) days after the license is received by the County Clerk-Recorder’s office.

Important: The County Clerk-Recorder WILL NOT automatically send you a copy of the official marriage certificate after the wedding. You must formally request copies and pay for them. After the ceremony, the license must be returned or mailed to the recorder’s office for recording. Certified copies may be purchased one week after the license is returned to recorder’s office for a fee of $15.

Marriage License Request Form

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *